Register for 2019 Garden Plots - Start by reading garden rules
The Applicant will:
The Applicant will:
- Pay the non-refundable rental fee that correlates with the number of plots requested.
- Not garden until all fees are paid and a Rental Agreement is signed and received by MCG.
- Respond to any correspondence from the MCG when required.
- Keep weeds down and maintain any common area immediately surrounding my plot(s) (adjacent pathways, fences, etc.) clear of trash, litter, and weeds. All trash gets taken home for disposal or recycling.
- Keep a regular maintenance schedule throughout the growing season and arrange for someone to care for my plot during any significant time away.
- Remain on-site while watering.
- The Board will contact the applicant if the plot has been neglected or improperly cared for and given 10 days to address concerns before further action is taken. The applicant will have a probation year the next season. If the plot continues to be uncared for, further applications will not be honored.
- Use the garden waste area for depositing garden waste and weeds. Not to include plastics, any food waste other than fruits or vegetables.
- Only harvest food grown in plot (s), unless given permission by other plot owners.
- Supervise their children or group in activities within the common area and their garden.
- Keep their pets on a leash in owner’s garden plot. All pet waste shall be removed from the garden by pet owner.
- Notify MCG (firstname.lastname@example.org) if the plot must be abandon.
- Only garden during daylight hours in the growing season, which is about April 15 to mid October as determined by garden management. No-till section gardeners are not limited to dates set.
- Remove all plants, stakes, cages, trellises, and any other inorganic materials used for gardening at date set by garden steward. Choosing to not clean up after the growing season may result in loss of gardening privileges for the next growing season.
- Applicants are responsible for disposing own corn and sunflower stalks. Do not dispose in the garden’s weed/waste area unless they are machine mulched first.
- Vehicles are allowed to enter the garden site only for the delivery or loading equipment/produce. Exceptions on Board approval.
- Growing illegal or poisonous plants is prohibited.
- Produce from gardens is for personal use only and not for resale
Check or Pay Pal payment accepted (NO CASH)
Send checks to: Menomonie Community Gardens
c/o UW Extension Dunn Co
3001 US Hwy 12/29 Suite 102
Menomonie, WI 54751
OR Use your Pay Pal Account to pay rental fees.
Note a convenience fee of 3% added to Pay Pal payments
amounts seen in the application. Rental fees in drop down menu.
Email address: email@example.com